File Your Taxes For FREE!
HOW TO QUALIFY
You may qualify to file your taxes for free with IRS
- IRS Free File is free for taxpayers with an Adjusted Gross Income of $66,000 or less
- Starting in mid-January, visit: www.revenue.state.mn.us and click on “Free Tax Preparation Help” under “Individuals” to see if you
are eligible to prepare and file your federal and MN tax returns for FREE
- Free File helps you capture all your credits and deductions and keep more of your hard earned refund!
GATHER YOUR DOCUMENTS
- Copy of last year’s tax return
- Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer’s Identification Number (ITIN) for each family member
- Proof of income including W2s and 1099 forms
- Documentation of deductible expenses
- Account and routing numbers of checking or savings account for direct deposit and a faster refund, if available
- Health coverage information for each family member; if health insurance was purchased through the Marketplace for any family member:
- Form 1095-A
- Dependents’ proof of income
FILE YOUR TAXES FOR FREE!
www.revenue.state.mn.us and click on “Free Tax Preparation Help” under “Individuals”
For more information about Free File please visit: www.TaxTimeAllies.org