Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC)
A Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) is an integrated model of care meant to improve service quality and accessibility to services. This model is the future of community behavioral health with a goal to improve both mental health and substance abuse treatment across the country. CCBHCs:
• Provide integrated, evidence-based, trauma-informed, recovery-oriented, and person- and family-centered care.
• Offer the full array of CCBHC-required mental health, substance-use disorder (SUD), and primary care screening services.
• Establish collaborative relationships with other providers and healthcare systems to ensure coordination of care.
• Advance the integration of behavioral health and physical health care.
• Provide a comprehensive continuum of care for people with SMI and SED.
• Promote improved access to high-quality care by providing a collection of services that:
- Create greater access.
- Stabilize people experiencing crisis.
- Provide needed treatment and recovery support services for those with the most serious and complex mental health and substance use disorders.
- Integrate additional services to emphasize recovery, wellness, trauma-informed care, and physical-behavioral health.